Birdwatching
A brace of goldfinches has just landed at the balcony opposite mine. They are cute. They look as if they have just escaped from a cage. The idea of their escape makes me smile. They can’t fly very “professionally” but I think they will be ok.
A few months ago I saw a seagull flying over my building but still nobody believes me. But I guess a goldfinch in the centre of Athens is nothing rare.
I think about my recent proposal to S. to break in the pet shop opposite his house and set all the animals free. It wasn’t an original idea (an influence by an old Moz video clip, Rumble Fish and Finding Nemo) but I never told him. We aren’t sure about how they could possibly survive but the owner of the pet shop is a jerk and leaves them without food and water for days.
But then I think we will never do it because we are only two romantic cowards :-(



4 Comments:
Set them free and noone will know! You might as well call it ''The Revenge of the Cowards''... :p
Seagulls are regularly flying over Athens. And it is not uncommon to see them inland (I remember seeing seagulls when I was in the military camp in Tripoli years ago). Still I feel nice when I notice them while stopped at a the traffic lights for example. As if they bring with them a memory of the sea. That this very moment you are in the middle of traffic running head down, the sea exists somewhere not so far away.
As for freeing the animals from the pet shop, if you want to do it for them you have to think well in advance about their future... You might have to travel a long way to return some of them to their home habitats. Would make a nice scenario though... :)
BathTub, if we decide to put the plan in action we will need a helping hand, are you ready for this?
:-P
eryx-t, thanks for your comment. As for the seagull, you are the only person who believes me :-)
Thanks beep beep! I am very sensitive about animals and I understand exactly what you say.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home