Monday, December 24, 2007

John Everett Millais - "Christmas Eve" Oil on canvas (1887)
Rumbling Brig, November 9th 1876
Dearest Mary,
I fear that, after all I shall have to give my work up and finish it next year as there is nothing but snow over all, and I
have a cold as well, which makes it positively dangerous to paint out in such weather as this. However we will see waht tomorrow brings. It is dreadfully dull here when there is nothing to do. I have been in my hut this morning, and I hoped a blink of sun would thaw sufficiently the snow on the foregroundrocks to enable me to get on, but the storm is on again, and it is simply ridiculous trying to work, as everything is hidden with a white sheet...
Your affectionate father,
JE Millais

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home