5 o'clock tea

5 shots as requested by Marquise Von O., Driver Under Influence, Mixalis E., M Hulot, Night Knight, Nonheathen
1. “Rainman” is not a blog name inspired by the Hollywood movie. It is a nickname attached to me by a friend because of my absurd (in her opinion) adoration of rainy weather. It is more difficult, than I hoped, to explain to people how my days (and nights) are better when it rains and how, long periods of sunshine get me depressed - but I guess I am used to not being understood by now. I named this blog after an Explosions In The Sky album which was the soundtrack of my life when I begun writing posts. It is still a very favourite album so I haven’t changed my mind.
2. A few health problems and a couple of brief encounters with death have made me re-evaluate my existence at my early 30s. I appreciate being alive and being loved and don’t take anyone or anything for granted. I practice living in the present moment on a daily basis and I try to avoid virtual visits to the past or future. As a result of this “philosophy” I try to do only what I want and I avoid spending time with people who waste my time for nothing. It’s easier said than done but I’m getting better and better.
3. I usually fall in love with people with beautiful hands and eyes. Next come voice and then smell. I usually fall out of love with misers and liars. Next come drug addicts and men who snore. My friends keep being surprised with my choices but there is nothing to explain really. Beauty is different things to different people.
4. I believe we are all a recycling of energy and I believe that each one of us has past and future lives. In one of my past lives I was a seahorse.
5. People have the tendency to approach me in all sorts of strange or common ways. They share with me their most private and extraordinary stories. Sometimes they confide to me their biggest secrets. In the beginning that was spooky, now I feel it’s a gift. The more open I become the more I feel like a treasure box. With some of these people we become friends, with others we remain strangers but still there is a strong link that keep us united .


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home